SUSE Help

linuxGreen

Hi Guys, Finally, I installed SUSE. The installation was very easy, I did not expected. However, I ran into a problem, and I cannot find an answer in the manual. Maybe one of you, gurus, know the answer. Once, I was trying to exit suse and reboot to windows, I clicked exit.I was expecting a reboot procedure but instead I got xconsole window. I was trying to go back to window menu with Yast manager, but I do not know how to get there. My window looks in the following way:once I click and hold my left mouse button I get something called TWM:and several lines of commands:IconfigResize etc, Can you tell what to do to get back to window mode. :lol:

i did same thing shortly after installing SUSE.basically, it seems you are in a different window manager. when loggin' in, it asks Username, password, and then you have a list to choose from. i recommend only using KDE until you get more proficient. GNOME desktop is also easy, but some of the others, probably one you chose accidentaly as i did, have virtual no GUI or icons or menu. i forget how i got out of it myself. i think i did a hard reboot. either that, or try CTRL-ALT-ESC

Try right-clicking, or scrool-wheel clicking if you happen to have scrool-wheel on your mouse, or ALT-left or ALT-right click, or simply kill X with CTRL+ALT+Backspace and start Suse in KDE Window manager instead.