Your Smart TV May Be Watching YOU!

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach

LG sorta did the same thing back in 2013. The best way to have a smarttv is to simply get a hdmi tv and use a raspberrypi, roku, chromecast, etc. to enable smart features. That way you can turn it off if you want and actually update software, install apps, etc.

• Like 1

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150210/14533429978/samsung-perfectly-illustrates-why-i-want-my-smart-tv-to-be-as-dumb-as-possible.shtml

But it's something else stupid that Samsung did this week that got less press attention, but that I actually find far more troubling. Numerous Samsung smart TV users around the world this week stated that the company has started injecting ads into content being watched on third-party devices and services. For example, some users found that when streaming video content from PC to the living room using Plex, they suddenly were faced with a large ad for Pepsi that actually originated from their Samsung TV:

Orwell's 1984 arriveth. :devil:

• Like 2

Hades... Orwell's vision of 1984 has been much surpassed.

The Bells of Saint John was the sixth episode of the seventh series of Doctor Who produced by BBC Wales.

London, 2013. "Danger. This is a warning. A warning to the whole world. You're looking for Wi-Fi. Sometimes you see something, a bit like this. Don't click it. Do not click it. Once you've clicked it, they're in your computer. They can see you. If they can see you, they might choose you. And if they do... you die."

1984 a bit dated, yes perhaps your right. The Doc is bang up to date though. :whistling:

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

That's it. I'm going to live in an old travel trailer behind the Indian trading post somewhere in Northwest New Mexico. I'm not even going to have a phone.

Old+Trailer.jpg

• Like 1

securitybreach

https://www.techdirt...-possible.shtml

But it's something else stupid that Samsung did this week that got less press attention, but that I actually find far more troubling. Numerous Samsung smart TV users around the world this week stated that the company has started injecting ads into content being watched on third-party devices and services. For example, some users found that when streaming video content from PC to the living room using Plex, they suddenly were faced with a large ad for Pepsi that actually originated from their Samsung TV:

Orwell's 1984 arriveth. :devil:

Thanks for the info

securitybreach

http://www.bbc.com/n...onment-31450389

Apparently none of it really matters .

What does matter is that we can communicate ,in a rolling fashion.

So much of the legacy info is unobtainable already.

Interesting idea but the problem is the human factor. No company or organization can be trusted with this metadata....

• Like 1