Music that tingles my spine

sunrat

Well, the first video said "This video contains content from Eagle Rock. It is not available in your country." So that was a non-starter.

Unfortunately the 2nd video froze my browser while trying to lower the volume. :'( All clicks to allow adobe to store something on my computer were in vain. I ended up having to close palemoon through the Task Manager.

Why YouTube insists on cranking the volume up to full blast escapes me. That is as bad as when they decided that every video should start either at minimum or muted!

I'm afraid to click the play button again.

@zlim very strange your browser crashes. Both videos play perfectly here in Iceweasel 42.0b7.

Are you in the same country as Temmu?

Try searching for "Talk Talk - It's My Life", they are a great band and excellent song.

Both Temmu and I are in the US. Perhaps he hides where he is. I don't use privacy mode or Tor to browse.

I fired up the latest version of FF ESR. I got the same warning on the first video. On the 2nd, I lowered my speakers way down before I hit play. The music plays but the video does not move and any attempt to allow flash to store something on my computer, lower or mute the volume, keeps popping up this error.

scripterror.jpg

I can press the Continue or Stop Script options and nothing changes. I was eventually successful in closing FF ESR, something i was unable to do with Palemoon.

I found a US version of the first song, I think

and the 2nd on YouTube

where I have no problem adjusting the volume.

There might be forum software at Scot's interfering with adjusting the embedded YouTube video. That's all I can think of.

Edited by zlim

Glad you found them, both inspirational for the new year.

Looks like a forum problem maybe Windows too. Works fine in Linux for me.

I thought maybe my problem was solved when I read that today Adobe has a new flash version to correct bugs. Unfortunately, 20.0.0.270 is only for Internet Explorer and I wasn't using that.

We just had electricity out for a few hours for street repairs so I checked the forum on my LG GPad Android tablet. Videos played fine there in Firefox 43.0.

I'll have to fire up my Android tablet. I have 4 browsers on there. I'm still trying to see what I like. AdBlockPlus has a beta android browser that I've installed but haven't used much. I wanted to be home and pair my bluetooth keyboard so I could easily type in my bookmarks and then save them. Every time I type in juno to get to webmail, as soon as I hit .com, it changes Juno to junk! It is so frustrating that I give up trying to check mail unless I have a bookmark.https://play.google....ockplus.browserI fired up my tablet earlier this evening (Jan. 5th) and tried both AdBlockPlus browser and Palemoon. Both show me a black box and say plugin needed where the video box appears. I have no idea what plugin or even how to get one if I could figure out what plugin is needed.I did follow the link I posted for Talk Talk to YouTube and it played fine there.I should have fired up FF. I didn't think to do that. I'm also not sure what version I have because I rarely use it.

It's now the 6th and I'm still testing. First I had to update FF Android from 42 to 43. To get flash to play I find directions that I'd need to go to Adobe and download an archived version of flash for Android. I chose NOT to do this. I don't want to run older, possibly vulnerable versions of flash.

Next I fired up chrome. I was able to see the videos. When I clicked play on the first one, I was sent to YouTube and told the content was restricted, the same message I saw in Windows days earlier.

The 2nd video again sent me to Youtube and played fine without freezing chrome.

Testing is now done.

What I've learned;

1. If I want to see flash content on my Android tablet, fire up chrome.

2. If I want to see content not available in my country, search and find a US source with similar material.

Edited by zlim