How to restart the Windowx 2003 folder sharing?

lewkh

Hi Folks, I make a simple folder sharing in Windowx Storage 2003, as right click the folder and go to sharing and security tag and make a sharing on network. Could anyone tell me that how do I restart the sharing service on Windows? Is it the netbios? What is the name for providing network sharing in Windows? Please advise....

• 1 month later...
file sharing is provided by the SERVER service.something like this:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

Hi Temmu, I have tried the command you gave me... There is nothing after I typed the command ended with enter. ( I typed the command at cmd propmt)It just return a blank line and the prompt within a minute. Is it correct? Please advise...

• 2 weeks later...
if file and printer sharing is disabled / removed from network settings, then the server service may not show up in the services list.network properties:control panel, network connections, r click the network, properties.(look to see if file & printer sharing is there.)to add file and printer sharing, from there,install... service, add, file and printer sharingto start the service:r click my computer, manage, services and applications, servicesr click server, properties, set to automatic, click start

Hi Temmu I knew how to start and stop the services by using the Windows GUI. My problem is how do I remotely access to Windows box to restart the service?I have tried the command at command prompt, but it seem to be nothing. May I know the parameter -k stand for what? Why should I use the svchost.exe to restart the netsvcs instead of using something like net.exe to restart? Please advise me if I am doing wrongly...