Palm Zire Recognizable in RH 9?

twistedcranium

twistedcranium

Hello everyone!I have a palm issue that is really irritating. I've been searching the net and tweaking my Red Hat 9 system for weeks now and still no luck. I have a Palm Zire, aka the M150. I have a 2.4.20 linux kernel, so the zire IDs are built into the kernel.I've ruled out the cable and the usb port since I can synch in windows just fine.I've made the ln link from /dev/pilot to /dev/ttyS0 and chmodded it 666 for accessIn kpliot, jpilot, and even evolution I cannot synch at all....although when set to /dev/pilot it does tell me device is readyI've ensured that the baud rate is the same in both the software and on the palmSo I stepped back a bit and at the command line and did a 'pilot-xfer -l' and get the following:No $PILOTPORT specified and no -p <port> given.Defaulting to '/dev/pilot' Listening to port: /dev/pilot Please press the HotSync button now...and then the D*** thing hangs!HELP! LOL

Geee Twisted I was reading this post and thought . . that goes OK . . that looks good . . OK . . good . . . YES . . . YES . . YES . . and then I came to the last line: . . What an anticlimax !Searching: Linux-Google gave only 10 pages of problems with the previous kernel versions ! Nothing about the 2.4.20 that has a patch for the Zire.My only conclusion is, seen that it hangs at ¨ Please press the HotSync button now...¨ that there still is a bug somewhere, but that nobody posted it uptil now.So what would be my advice ? Report the bug, or wait till somebody reports it and a new patch will be available . . I know, it´s a bummer that bug !!Keep us posted Twisted.B) Bruno

twistedcranium

Thanks Bruno! I will surely let everyone here know once I figure this thing out, or when someone else does for me...LOL. I suppose Linux does this to everyone...there is one little MOLE that you begin chasing until you end up with a new distro version or just plain give up.No worries though...I'm still a LINUX diehard!

I suppose Linux does this to everyone...there is one little MOLE that you begin chasing
That is why we try to help eachother out Twisted !
I'm still a LINUX diehard!
I know buddy, I know ! B) Bruno

Keep us posted on your progress. I am waiting to figure out if I can do something with my Handspring. I would like to be able to update from either Linux or Windows, if that is even possible. Since I use Windows at work, I update there, and I have not updated this week at all with school out because I have not been in windows long enough to do so!