Happy Birthday Debian!

sunrat

Although I have been fishing in the Debian ecosystem for more than a decade - starting with Ubuntu - it's only been the last couple of years that I have actually run Debian itself.

I use it on my Thinkpad T430. Initially I ran Debian Sid but that was a bit too cutting edge for me. Now I have Debian stable.

I couldn't use vanilla out of the box Debian though. I need some non-free firmware to get the wifi working on the Thinkpad. Also, I added Google Chrome. I have some Gnome Shell Extensions too - just to make Gnome 3 a bit more palatable.

As an Ubuntu, Linux Mint, and MX-17 user it is great to run the real deal. The netinstall feature is one of the best I have ever used.

Because Debian needs some tweaking to get stuff like wifi working in many cases I still think of it as an enthusiast's distro.

• Like 1

I recompiled my first and only kernel when I was using Debian Woody....I had no idea what I was doing but it worked when I rebooted! Happy Birfday Debian!

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

I've done many things in my life where I didn't have a clue what I was doing... yet, most of the time, it worked out. ;)

• Like 4

I've done many things in my life where I didn't have a clue what I was doing... yet, most of the time, it worked out. ;)

Indeedly doo. See my sig. ;)

• Like 3