Please Recommend A Free Pop3 Email Service

Webb

Please recommend a free POP3 email service that isn't Gmail, Microsoft or Yahoo.

My email service (inbox.com) is ending its free service and going to a paid plan.

I don't mind paying them - it's only $9 a year - but they will only accept payment through PayPal and I don't have or want a PayPal account just so I can make one payment a year.

So:

Free

POP3

Not Gmail, Microsoft or Yahoo

Please recommend a service that you are personally familiar with and don't just post the results of Google searches.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Please recommend a free POP3 email service that isn't Gmail, Microsoft or Yahoo.

My email service (inbox.com) is ending its free service and going to a paid plan.

I don't mind paying them - it's only $9 a year - but they will only accept payment through PayPal and I don't have or want a PayPal account just so I can make one payment a year.

So:

Free

POP3

Not Gmail, Microsoft or Yahoo

Please recommend a service that you are personally familiar with and don't just post the results of Google searches.

Thank you.

There are several free web hosting sites and free email accounts are always included. Or you could even buy a domain for the amount you say inbox.com is asking and that would also give you email accounts. I pay $14/yr for my .com domain but there are much cheaper ones. Just be careful because many providers sucker you with cheap first year rates but hide the fact that the second year price skyrockets.

Hello,

It looks like GMX still provides POP3/SMTP service.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

GMX is excellent, but like all free services, it sometimes gets abused by spammers, and gets temporarily blocked by paid services (for instance Earthlink). I also have a VFEmail account that I can temporarily use as my default, when that happens.

https://www.vfemail.net/

Edited by Pete!
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

AOL provided free email (POP or IMAP) --> https://i.aol.com/reg/signup?promocode=827692&ncid=txtlnkuswebr00000073

Also...

Gmail Review | Gmail Resources | Gmail Tips More »

Zoho-Mail-Free-Email-Service--082010--200.png Zoho Mail - Free Email Service. ZOHO Corp.

2. Zoho Mail - Free POP and IMAP

Zoho Mail is a solid email service with ample storage, POP and IMAP access, some integration with instant messaging and online office suites.

Aimed at professional users, Zoho Mail could be even more helpful organizing mail, identifying key messages and contacts, and sending oft-used replies.

Zoho Mail Review | Zoho Mail Tips More »

Outlook.com---Free-Email-Service---October-2012---200.png Outlook.com - Free Email Service. Microsoft

3. Outlook.com - Free POP and IMAP

Outlook.com serves free email with practically unlimited storage accessible on the web with a rich and helpful interface or using POP and Exchange ActiveSync in email programs on desktop and mobile device.

Unfortunately, IMAP access is not part of the mix, and Outlook.com could offer more help with composing in addition to organizing mail.

Outlook.com Review | Outlook.com Tips More »

aim_mail200__052607.png AIM Mail - Free Email Service. Heinz Tschabitscher

4. AIM Mail - Free POP and IMAP

AIM Mail, AOL's free web-based email service, shines with unlimited online storage, very good spam protection and a rich, easy to use interface. Unfortunately, AIM Mail lacks a bit in productivity (no labels, smart folders and message threading), but makes up for some of that with very functional IMAP (as well as POP) access.

AIM Mail Review | AIM Mail Tips More »

Ya umm!!! Just got a message from inbox.com . Closing down the free general service . Well that,s the way of things in this fast moving world of ours .

So just signed on to gmx.com . Based in merkel land . Looks like a good service at first glance . Does what it says on the tin ..

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... I got my Inbox notification yesterday of their imminent demise (of the free service, anyway). I just transferred everything that I was receiving at Inbox over to my pre-existing Gmail account. No great loss.

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

My non-work email is with inbox.com too. I've a lot of accounts linked to it... updating those will be a nuisance.

EDIT 1: zoho.com asks for a mobile number... really not sure why that's necessary.

EDIT 2: Seems like nearly everyone does... just the mobile age I guess... Anyhow, It's not as if I'm "off the grid" as it is.

Edited by Dr. J

V.T. Eric Layton

Most are requesting your mobile number to authenticate you in case of issues with your accounts... password forgotten, account hacked, requested account changes, possibly for two-step login, etc.